Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Zeros in cells

I'm importing some data in which a number of the cells contain numbers that
begin with mulitple zeroes, but excel is autmoatically deleting those zeroes.
Formatting the cells to zip code format helps with some of the numbers but
not all.
For example 00043994267 becomes 43994267 and I need the zero in the beginning
Any ideas
mhogan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pre-format your cells as Text, then Copy and Paste

or

Custom format cells as:
00000000000