Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why does conditional formatting remain static?

I'm about to go nuts! I followed the directions for locating duplicate
numbers by conditional formatting. I put the formula in like it says, but
when I go to copy it to the rest of my column, it stays the same all the way
down.

COUNTIF(A2:A1209,A2)1
Shouldn't it change to COUNTIF(A3:A1210,A3)1 on the next row?
If not, what am I doing wrong??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

toolsoptionscalculation set to automatic

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com