Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filtering data in a database

Dears,

here below my exmple

Items Received Items
A B
Beef .....
Tuna ......
Chicken ......
Beef
etc....

i enter manualy the items received from the warehouse in column "A" and i
need to filter these items in column "B" without duplication so that Column
"B" will only include all kinds of items i use im my shop and only items
that i received from warehouse(column "A") haven't beed received before , to
be displayed in column "B"

Column "B" includes only all kinds of products i have used in my shop
without regard to how many times i received these items

regards,

Khaled
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Try Data Filter AdvancedFilter UniqueValues.............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"khaled shaheen" wrote in message
Dears,

here below my exmple

Items Received Items
A B
Beef .....
Tuna ......
Chicken ......
Beef
Beef
etc....

i enter manualy the items received from the warehouse in column "A" and i
need to filter these items in column "B" without duplication so that

Column
"B" will only include all kinds of items i use im my shop and only items
that i received from warehouse(column "A") haven't beed received before ,

be displayed in column "B"

Column "B" includes only all kinds of products i have used in my shop
without regard to how many times i received these items

regards,

Khaled

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dears,

can you show me how to do this using my below example as when i tried to use
advanced filter with unique values it generated unaccurate results because it
displayed the first item in column A twice

Thanks

Khaled

"CLR" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It will show Beef twice if you used Beef as the top cell in the column.

Excel treats that cell in each column as a title.

Insert a row above the first Beef and try again.

If you leave it blank Excel will ask you what to do with it. Click Yes to leave
it a label cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP