Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need a Formula

What do i use to make a cell ('sheet1'!A3) link with ('sheet3'!B4)?

Basically i want what ever gets entered into sheet 1 cell A3 to be
autimatically entered in Sheet 3 cell B4. Even better would be if i change
something in either cell it will change the other with the same information.
--
Jon Robershaw
Wardell Builders, Inc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jon,

In Sheet3, cell B4:

=Sheet1!A3

To make it work both ways is difficult and not recommended

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"JonWardellBuilders" wrote in message
| What do i use to make a cell ('sheet1'!A3) link with ('sheet3'!B4)?
|
| Basically i want what ever gets entered into sheet 1 cell A3 to be
| autimatically entered in Sheet 3 cell B4. Even better would be if i change
| something in either cell it will change the other with the same information.
| --
| Jon Robershaw
| Wardell Builders, Inc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This Formula seems to work with numbers, but not with Words. I have a master
sheet with basic information on it, then i have individual sheets with
detailed info for each item. I want the basic info on the first sheet to be
automatically entered into each individual sheet.

Maybe =sheet1!A3 should work for all it, but due to my formatting
differently in each sheet it doesn't? Any Ideas?

--
Jon Robershaw
Wardell Builders, Inc

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Hi Jon,

In Sheet3, cell B4:

=Sheet1!A3

To make it work both ways is difficult and not recommended

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"JonWardellBuilders" wrote in message
| What do i use to make a cell ('sheet1'!A3) link with ('sheet3'!B4)?
|
| Basically i want what ever gets entered into sheet 1 cell A3 to be
| autimatically entered in Sheet 3 cell B4. Even better would be if i change
| something in either cell it will change the other with the same information.
| --
| Jon Robershaw
| Wardell Builders, Inc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Niek Otten" wrote in message

To make it work both ways is difficult and not recommended

I would respectfully disagree with that statement. It isn't particularly
difficult, and I wouldn't recommend against it, as long as you code
carefully. The following code in ThisWorkbook will update A1:A10 on Sheet1
and Sheet2 in either direction.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)

Const SHEET_ONE_NAME = "Sheet1" '<<< CHANGE
Const SHEET_TWO_NAME = "Sheet2" '<<< CHANGE
Const SHEET_RANGE_ADDRESS = "A1:A10" '<<< CHANGE

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Sh.Range(SHEET_RANGE_ADDRESS ), Target) _
Is Nothing Then
With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If StrComp(Sh.Name, SHEET_ONE_NAME, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
.Item(SHEET_TWO_NAME).Range(Target.Address) = Target.FormulaArray
ElseIf StrComp(Sh.Name, SHEET_TWO_NAME, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
.Item(SHEET_ONE_NAME).Range(Target.Address) = Target.FormulaArray
End If
End With
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email address is on the web site)

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Hi Jon,

In Sheet3, cell B4:

=Sheet1!A3

To make it work both ways is difficult and not recommended

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"JonWardellBuilders" wrote
in message
| What do i use to make a cell ('sheet1'!A3) link with ('sheet3'!B4)?
|
| Basically i want what ever gets entered into sheet 1 cell A3 to be
| autimatically entered in Sheet 3 cell B4. Even better would be if i
change
| something in either cell it will change the other with the same
information.
| --
| Jon Robershaw
| Wardell Builders, Inc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Chip,

I should have said : I don't recommend" :-)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message ...
| "Niek Otten" wrote in message
|
| To make it work both ways is difficult and not recommended
|
| I would respectfully disagree with that statement. It isn't particularly
| difficult, and I wouldn't recommend against it, as long as you code
| carefully. The following code in ThisWorkbook will update A1:A10 on Sheet1
| and Sheet2 in either direction.
|
| Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
|
| Const SHEET_ONE_NAME = "Sheet1" '<<< CHANGE
| Const SHEET_TWO_NAME = "Sheet2" '<<< CHANGE
| Const SHEET_RANGE_ADDRESS = "A1:A10" '<<< CHANGE
|
| If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
| Exit Sub
| End If
| Application.EnableEvents = False
| If Not Application.Intersect(Sh.Range(SHEET_RANGE_ADDRESS ), Target) _
| Is Nothing Then
| With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
| If StrComp(Sh.Name, SHEET_ONE_NAME, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
| .Item(SHEET_TWO_NAME).Range(Target.Address) = Target.FormulaArray
| ElseIf StrComp(Sh.Name, SHEET_TWO_NAME, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
| .Item(SHEET_ONE_NAME).Range(Target.Address) = Target.FormulaArray
| End If
| End With
| End If
| Application.EnableEvents = True
|
| End Sub
|

| --
| Cordially,
| Chip Pearson
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
| Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
| www.cpearson.com
| (email address is on the web site)
|

| "Niek Otten" wrote in message
| Hi Jon,
|
| In Sheet3, cell B4:
|
| =Sheet1!A3
|
| To make it work both ways is difficult and not recommended
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "JonWardellBuilders" wrote
| in message
| | What do i use to make a cell ('sheet1'!A3) link with ('sheet3'!B4)?
| |