Peter Aitken

Default Using SUMIF with non-blank cells

I want to use SUMIF to sum the numbers in column G only if the adjacent cell
in column H is not empty. I cannot figure out the criterion to use.

Thanks,

--
Peter Aitken

Springbok

Hi Peter,

SUMIF(range,criteria,sum_range). Criteria = "<"""

SUMIF(A:A,"<""",B:B)

Regards,
Jon

"Peter Aitken" wrote:

I want to use SUMIF to sum the numbers in column G only if the adjacent cell
in column H is not empty. I cannot figure out the criterion to use.

Thanks,

--
Peter Aitken

R.VENKATARAMAN

try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(G1:G7),--(H1:H7<0))

the signs are two minus signs

my data is G1 to G7 change it to suit your purposes

Peter Aitken wrote in message
I want to use SUMIF to sum the numbers in column G only if the adjacent

cell
in column H is not empty. I cannot figure out the criterion to use.

Thanks,

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

Thanks - Jason your solution is certainly nonintuitive but it works and is
the simplest one.

--
Peter Aitken

"Jason Morin" wrote in message