Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pm pm is offline

Default vlookup with conditional formatting

I am currently using vlookup to lookup two concatomered columns. I would
like to highlight red when no value comes back. This would indicate a sample
that has to be repeated in our analysis. For some reason, when I used
original data to build the formulas, if vLOOKUP could not find the data for
values in my list it would return a zero. Now that I have my template that I
paste data into, it retuns the #NA result. I haven't been able to
conditionally format for this #NA? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could wrap your vlookup in an if function to return a zero like

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP_Formula),0,VLOOKUP_Formula)

then format conditionally on 0 or perhaps you can use

or use conditional formattingformula is

=ISNA(A2)

where A2 holds the vlookup formula

Regards,