Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Search multiple sheets and return largest number found

Hey gang,

I have a workbook with about 40 worksheets in it. Each sheet contains
multiple scores for an individual. I would like to be able to search every
worksheet and return the 3 largest scores found.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=LARGE('Sheet1:Sheet40'!A:C,1)
=LARGE('Sheet1:Sheet40'!A:C,2)
=LARGE('Sheet1:Sheet40'!A:C,3)

mpenkala wrote:
Hey gang,

I have a workbook with about 40 worksheets in it. Each sheet contains
multiple scores for an individual. I would like to be able to search every
worksheet and return the 3 largest scores found.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Lori,

Function works great. Is it possible to manipulate the formula to search
only certain numbers on the sheet, not all of them?
Example -
Can I search B6:B8, C6:C8, D6:D8 on each sheet?

Matt

"Lori" wrote:

=LARGE('Sheet1:Sheet40'!A:C,1)
=LARGE('Sheet1:Sheet40'!A:C,2)