Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cat Cat is offline

Default Hide cell values based on a condition in another cell

I would like to hide values on a range of cells based on whether a certain
condition is met using an if statement located in another cell. For example:
In A1, my condition is... =if(a2="good",hide cells b2:b10). How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One simple play which might suffice
is to use CF to mask* the range
(*make the font color = fill color)

Try this:

Select B2:B10
(let's assume the fill color for B2:B10 is the default "white" fill)

Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings as:
Formula is: =$A$2="good"
Click Format button Font tab White font color OK
Click OK at the main dialog

Test it out. Enter some values into B2:B10. Then enter in A2: good. The
values in B2:B10 will "disappear". Clear A2, or re-enter some other value.
The values in B2:B10 will "reappear".
--
Max
Singapore