Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel converts automaticaly 6digit Product ID into date

An excel sheet (import from @enterprise database) contains product ID's that
come as 6 digits separated by dots. Ex: 01.04.02, 03.08.00, OP82.01, 24.20.00.
Where Excel can (first two examples), it automaticaly changes the ID in a
date instead of leaving it as text resp. Product ID. As soon as I try to
convert it back to text, Excel presents the serial_number of the date. (ex.
01.07.00 = 36708) which has nothing to do with the serial number.
How can I hinder excel to do this convertion-step?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Format cells as text prior copy and paste to Excel

Hi Mama, it already comes as text into the sheet.