Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with a function might be an if

Hi

I have a workbook containing 3 sheets, I have taken the structure from
using excel as a mail merge, I have used indirect to draw information
from sheet 2 to sheet 1.
Sheet 2 contains grades for subjects, however not all students do all
subjects and I want a function that will only draw the information if a
grade is present within that specific column, I have tried using an If
function with indirect with no luck, any ideas gratefully received
cheers
paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sorry, ill try again
This is the formula that I have in cell c22 of sheet 1 called form

=INDIRECT("Data!I" &RowIndex)
What i need the function to do is if column I contains no data for a
student do not display and move onto column J, if column j display data
then show if not move onto next column or something similar, each
column represents a subject
Hope this is a better explanation
cheers
paddy

On Jan 2, 5:06 am, "T. Valko" wrote:
Maybe a better explanation is in order. Be more specific.

Biff

"mcgrath383" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Hi

I have a workbook containing 3 sheets, I have taken the structure from
using excel as a mail merge, I have used indirect to draw information
from sheet 2 to sheet 1.
Sheet 2 contains grades for subjects, however not all students do all
subjects and I want a function that will only draw the information if a
grade is present within that specific column, I have tried using an If
function with indirect with no luck, any ideas gratefully received
cheers
paddy- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Need some comments on my Utility_Move class module. jchen Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 21st 06 07:05 PM
Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM