Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Autofilter not working properly

When I autofilter my database the area selected is rows 2 thru 30,000

cell A2 is CD0000

I filter: greater than CD9999

For some strange reason, everything is filtered out properly except row 2!
What's going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure what you mean, are you saying that I should retype CD0000 in
cell A2? Why would that make a difference? This seems like a systematic
problem in excel.

Anyway, I tried retyping the contents of cell A2 but it didn't work. Any
other ideas?

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Try to retype in row 2

"Raza" wrote:

When I autofilter my database the area selected is rows 2 thru 30,000

cell A2 is CD0000

I filter: greater than CD9999

For some strange reason, everything is filtered out properly except row 2!
What's going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not fully sure of you're difficulty here, Autofilter will filter any
range, but only 1000 items will appear in the dropdown list. Could this be
an issue?
Regards,
Alan.
"Raza" wrote in message
When I autofilter my database the area selected is rows 2 thru 30,000

cell A2 is CD0000

I filter: greater than CD9999

For some strange reason, everything is filtered out properly except row 2!
What's going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you kidding? I know the difference between a '0' and an 'O'!

There seems to be something in the autofilter that is not including the top
row of the selected area!

"Raza" wrote:

When I autofilter my database the area selected is rows 2 thru 30,000

cell A2 is CD0000

I filter: greater than CD9999

For some strange reason, everything is filtered out properly except row 2!
What's going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Just some thoughts ..

.. the area selected is rows 2 thru 30,000

Try selecting the entire col A (col header assumed in A1),
then autofilter on A1 ..

.. I filter: greater than CD9999

To avoid ambiguity ..
Try a helper col to extract real numbers from col A
=SUBSTITUTE(A2,"CD","")+0
Then autofilter with your criteria pointing to this helper col
--
Max
Singapore
"Raza" wrote in message
When I autofilter my database the area selected is rows 2 thru 30,000

cell A2 is CD0000

I filter: greater than CD9999

For some strange reason, everything is filtered out properly except row 2!
What's going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The Autofilter is set up to assume a Header row which does not get filtered.
If you select rows 2 thru 30,000, like you mentioned, then row 2 will be
considered the Header. One easy way to check is by looking at which row the
dropdown arrow box appears in? Is it in Row 2? Then turn off the
AutoFilter, and re-apply it selecting rows 1 thru 30,000.

HTH,
Elkar

"Raza" wrote:

When I autofilter my database the area selected is rows 2 thru 30,000

cell A2 is CD0000

I filter: greater than CD9999

For some strange reason, everything is filtered out properly except row 2!
What's going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select your cell and go to menu select Edit Clear All (not just hit the
delete key)
It will delete all the format and cell content
type in CD0000

"Raza" wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean, are you saying that I should retype CD0000 in
cell A2? Why would that make a difference? This seems like a systematic
problem in excel.

Anyway, I tried retyping the contents of cell A2 but it didn't work. Any
other ideas?

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Try to retype in row 2