Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Worksheets in an excel add-in

Hi,

Is there any way of being able to maintain (edit) the Worksheets inside
an Excel Add-in without converting the add-in back to .xls?

Is there any other approach of providing managable data along with the
Add-in?

Thanks,

With regards,
On Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The add-in is just a workbook like any other, and you can write to the
worksheets contained therein. Just save it as you would.

But I would add that saving data in the add-in does not sound like good
design to me. IMO you should separate the business logic (the code in the
add-in) from the data, it eases maintenance.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"On Ali" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Is there any way of being able to maintain (edit) the Worksheets inside
an Excel Add-in without converting the add-in back to .xls?

Is there any other approach of providing managable data along with the
Add-in?

Thanks,

With regards,
On Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The data is like a static data which i do not want to specify inside
the macro code.

and the data is large hence i want to specify it in a sheet. but it
also has to go with the add-in

how do i modify that sheet without saving it back as .xls

"On Ali" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Is there any way of being able to maintain (edit) the Worksheets inside
an Excel Add-in without converting the add-in back to .xls?

Is there any other approach of providing managable data along with the
Add-in?

Thanks,

With regards,
On Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In VBA, go to the Project Explorer window, and select the add-in's
ThisWorkbook. In the Properties window, change its IsAddin property to
False. The workbook appears in the Excel window. Do your editing, then go
back and change the add-in workbook's IsAddin property back to True.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

ups.com...

"On Ali" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Is there any way of being able to maintain (edit) the Worksheets inside
an Excel Add-in without converting the add-in back to .xls?

Is there any other approach of providing managable data along with the
Add-in?

Thanks,

With regards,
On Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jon

Thanks, This was something that i was looking for :)

Thanks again.

On Ali

On Jan 3, 6:33 pm, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
In VBA, go to the Project Explorer window, and select the add-in's
ThisWorkbook. In the Properties window, change its IsAddin property to
False. The workbook appears in the Excel window. Do your editing, then go
back and change the add-in workbook's IsAddin property back to True.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutionshttp://PeltierTech.com
_______

"On Ali" wrote in oglegroups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
The add-in is just a workbook like any other, and you can write to the
worksheets contained therein. Just save it as you would.

But I would add that saving data in the add-in does not sound like good
design to me. IMO you should separate the business logic (the code in the
add-in) from the data, it eases maintenance.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"On Ali" wrote in message
groups.com...
Hi,

Is there any way of being able to maintain (edit) the Worksheets inside
an Excel Add-in without converting the add-in back to .xls?

Is there any other approach of providing managable data along with the
Add-in?

Thanks,

With regards,
On Ali- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -