Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default too many IF's Excel 2003

I need some help... what I need to do is:
IF(a1=1,40,if(a1=2,38))
BUT, I need to make this so that a1 goes all the way to 17 and I need the
value if true to drop by 2 each time.
I tried the trick on pearson site and cant make that work.

I am VBA and macro illerate.

Thank you!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
VD VD is offline

hi dalmom
i found out today that excel has a limit of 7 'if's'.

i got this answer from teethless mom

=LOOKUP(B3,{0,59,63,69,72,75,79,82,85,89,92},{"F", "D","D+","C-","C","C+","B-","B","B+","A-","A"})

it looks like you enter enter your data backwards
--
VD, mistress in progress

"dalmom" wrote:

I need some help... what I need to do is:
IF(a1=1,40,if(a1=2,38))
BUT, I need to make this so that a1 goes all the way to 17 and I need the
value if true to drop by 2 each time.
I tried the trick on pearson site and cant make that work.

I am VBA and macro illerate.

Thank you!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your help, that worked!
After looking at it for 30 seconds, I had to slap my head and say.... that
was almost to easy for me to think of doing! I think Im like so many others
who make things more complicated than they need to be.

Again, thank you so much!

Merry, Happy, "insert your holiday of choice here"

Dalmom

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=42-(A1*2)