Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Series rate of change (trend)

On graphs, when adding trendlines, I assume that trend line is of the y=mx+b
equation. What I would like a little guidanceon is this:
Is it possible to take a series of data points and have excel calculate
slope, and intersect points...simaliar to the trend line on a graph...BUT
with out using a graph.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Robinson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Also look at LINEST function which in addition to slope and intercept give
statistics like R2
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme