Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default multiple validation criteria for one cell

In cell A1, I currently have installed a validation that gives a warning box
"this is not one of our agents" if entered data is NOT in a specified list of
agents . Can I add additional validation to cell A1 that would also give a
separate warning "agent 629 has a fuel surcharge" if a specific item in the
list IS selected?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In an adjacent cell, you could create a formula that checks the fuel
surcharge status for the selected agent, and show a message if it meets
your criteria.

If you provide details on how fuel surcharges are recorded, someone may
be able to help you with the formula.

movermike wrote:
In cell A1, I currently have installed a validation that gives a warning box
"this is not one of our agents" if entered data is NOT in a specified list of
agents . Can I add additional validation to cell A1 that would also give a
separate warning "agent 629 has a fuel surcharge" if a specific item in the
list IS selected?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VB is (Visual Basic for Applications) which is the language that macros are
recorded in... This would require custom code that you would (in all
likelyhood) have no luck in doing yourself. I might suggest using either a
conditional format to highlight the cell (no explicit message but at least
you would know based on the highlighting that there is an issue) or add a
helper column that checks if the item entered exists in the list and displays
a message to you...

If you want to go the VB route you can post back and we can give you a hand
writing the code...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson