Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cannot Change Formula in Spreadsheet

A client as several workbooks with spreadsheets that use the same formula.
On certain sheets, he can change the formula - is using the =LEFT(B6,1), but
on others it gives him the error - "Don't Try it". On these cells, we can
copy the formula from a sheet that it works on to this cell and then it works
fine. There are no macros used in this workbooks. Any ideas of what could
be preventing us from editing the formula, but yet allows us to paste a new
formula from an existing cell that works?
--
Rather be golfing