Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate total $ based on rows displayed by sort

Hello.

I'm using Excel 2003. I have data in the following format:

Product Quantity Price Extended Price

product a n $xxx.xx $xxx.xx
product b n $xxx.xx $xxx.xx
product c n $xxx.xx $xxx.xx
..
..

Subtotal $xxx.xx
Total $xxx.xx

I would like to calculate the subtotal and total amounts based on the rows
displayed from a sort (i.e. sort by product name). What calculation/formula
would be used in the subtotal and total cells?

TIA for the help,
DavidP