Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiplication

How do I get a3 (a quantity) to multipy time c3 to total in D3? what is the
formula.
Tx,
D. Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

It depends on quantity :-))

A3 contains quantity/day, then C3*D3
A3 contains quantity/hour, then C3*D3*24
A3 contains quantity/minute, then C3*D3*24*60

Arvi Laanemets

"Danny Mac" <Danny wrote in message
How do I get a3 (a quantity) to multipy time c3 to total in D3? what is

the
formula.
Tx,
D. Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you,
the answer comes up#value! By the way, I cut and pasted your formula and
pardon my ignorance, but how do I type the little astric on keyboard. The
astric is ounder the letter P.
regards,
Danny Mac

"Elkar" wrote:

In cell D3, type:

=A3*C3

HTH,
Elkar

"Danny Mac" wrote:

How do I get a3 (a quantity) to multipy time c3 to total in D3? what is the
formula.
Tx,
D. Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SHIFT + 8 to get an asterisk (*) which Excel recognizes as the multiplication
operator.

or type it directly from the numpad at right side of keyboard.

Between / and - keys

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:44:00 -0800, Danny Mac
wrote:

Thank you,
the answer comes up#value! By the way, I cut and pasted your formula and
pardon my ignorance, but how do I type the little astric on keyboard. The
astric is ounder the letter P.
regards,
Danny Mac

"Elkar" wrote:

In cell D3, type:

=A3*C3

HTH,
Elkar

"Danny Mac" wrote:

How do I get a3 (a quantity) to multipy time c3 to total in D3? what is the
formula.
Tx,
D. Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do either cells A3 and C3 contain text (letters)? If so, then that would
explain the #value! result. You can't multiply by text.

The * symbol on a standard "qwerty" style keyboard is located on the 8 key.
So, SHIFT-8 should do it. Also, if you have a Numeric Keypad, then the *
symbol should appear on there as well, usually on the top row.

HTH,
Elkar

"Danny Mac" wrote:

Thank you,
the answer comes up#value! By the way, I cut and pasted your formula and
pardon my ignorance, but how do I type the little astric on keyboard. The
astric is ounder the letter P.
regards,
Danny Mac

"Elkar" wrote:

In cell D3, type:

=A3*C3

HTH,
Elkar

"Danny Mac" wrote:

How do I get a3 (a quantity) to multipy time c3 to total in D3? what is the
formula.
Tx,
D. Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, I was ust curious abou the astric on the P key!
Anyway, I'm getting a #value error with formula. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Danny

wrote:

Thank you,
the answer comes up#value! By the way, I cut and pasted your formula and
pardon my ignorance, but how do I type the little astric on keyboard. The
astric is ounder the letter P.
regards,
Danny Mac

"Elkar" wrote:

In cell D3, type:

=A3*C3

HTH,
Elkar

"Danny Mac" wrote:

How do I get a3 (a quantity) to multipy time c3 to total in D3? what is the
formula.
Tx,
D. Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you use a laptop?

There might be a Fn key that allows you to use those keys as
number/multiply/divide characters. I'd check the manual or post back with the
model of your pc. Maybe someone who uses it will tell you the specific
instructions for your pc's model.

wrote:

Thank you,
the answer comes up#value! By the way, I cut and pasted your formula and
pardon my ignorance, but how do I type the little astric on keyboard. The
astric is ounder the letter P.
regards,
Danny Mac

"Elkar" wrote:

In cell D3, type:

=A3*C3

HTH,
Elkar

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for all of your help. I reset the cell to a "number format versus
currancy and it worked.
Danny Mac

"Danny Mac" wrote:

Thank you,
the answer comes up#value! By the way, I cut and pasted your formula and
pardon my ignorance, but how do I type the little astric on keyboard. The
astric is ounder the letter P.
regards,
Danny Mac

"Elkar" wrote: