Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell formatting

Greetings, I am a swim coach and want to insert the times of my swimmers, in
the fomatting section of the cell , I can not find the appropriate format to
retain the swimmers time. If you are familure with swiming or track or the
use of a chrono timer that is the information I want to disply. Thanks for
your help
--
The More Holy Life You Live, the Less Regrests You Have to Live With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Heres the problem I found with that kind of format, if the 100ths section of
the time is over 60 it rounds up the seconds and records the balance. E.g.
Say a swimmer swims a 100 yards and his time was 1 min 45 sec and 72
hundreths (displayed as 1:45:72) the format assumes the "72" is 72 secs or 1
min 12 sec.(60 + 12) instead of 72 hundrteths, resulting in a display like
this... 1:46:12 which is not the same value as 1:45:72. What do you think?
--

"revdonny" wrote in message
Greetings, I am a swim coach and want to insert the times of my swimmers,
in
the fomatting section of the cell , I can not find the appropriate format
retain the swimmers time. If you are familure with swiming or track or
the
use of a chrono timer that is the information I want to disply. Thanks
for
your help
--
The More Holy Life You Live, the Less Regrests You Have to Live With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think I found my error, I was inserting two sets of collans mm:ss:oo it was
reading it as additional seconds. It should be one collan and a decimal
point like this mm:ss.oo That worked. Thanks!