Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want my spreadsheet to up date automatically every day....

I am trying to set up a stock chart and I want excel to take the information
from the refreshable stock quote on one sheet (closing price) , and put it on
another sheet every day automatically so that I can have a running tab of my
stocks performance. Is there a way to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sub AddData()
Dim myFind As Integer
Dim rng As Range
Dim rngToSearch As Range
Dim rngFound As Range
Set wks = ActiveSheet
Set rngToSearch = Worksheets("InputSheet").Range("A:A")
Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:=wks.Range("$IV$66000"), _
LookAt:=xlPart, MatchCase:=False)
If Not rngFound Is Nothing Then
Worksheets("SheetToGetInfo").Range("CellOfInfo").C opy
rngFound.PasteSpecial xlValues
Else
MsgBox myFind & " was not found"
___________________________

this is what it does:

Set rngToSearch = Worksheets("InputSheet").Range("A:A")
- this will search in column A of the "InputSheet"
- rename this to what your sheet is called,
and change the column to which column you need the input to copy to...

("$IV$66000"), _
- this is what it is looking for ( here it is an empty cell ), that way the
new data every day is pasted under the last filled cell in the column you
specifed.