Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default User Input Required

Hi,

I have an Excel spread sheet with 10 columns as follow:
Date
Start Time (default value is 00:00)
End Time (default value is 00:00)
Account
Type
Department
Time (the time it has taken to complete the task)
Additional Information
Total ours for the week.

Based on these columns I have various other functions and formulas pulling
different reports and data. However I need help with the following.

If a user enters a Start time none of the other fields in the same row
should be left blank (i.e. Date, End Time, Account, Type and Department). I
am not sure how to prompt the user to do that and when to prompt them.
However these prompts should be relevant only to the row where the Start Time
is different than 00:00.
There should not be any prompts for the rows where the Start Time is 00:00.
Also it would be good if the cursor can position itself on the next empty
value the prompt is relating to.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy