Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return a Variable value length

How would I return in say A2 the value that is in A1, but not all of
this value in A1, just the characters that are to the left of a decimal
point?

A1 = an email address and the value I want returned is the first name
on this address. The format of values in A1 is

Obviously the length of the firstname can vary.

To format it nicely I'd like to capitalise the first letter of the
value returned in A2

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks everyone, choice of options here