Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Simplifying a couple of formulas

I have created a sheet for my workplace that is used for tracking types of
pay (ie: sick, manager, supervisor,cashier, vacation or holiday) or any
combination of three of those.

I have my sheet setup with names, days of the week, types of pay, totals
etc. Each Day is made up of four cells, shift(d4), type of hours(e4), #
hrs(f4), 2nd # hrs(g4) arranged left to right. The typr of hours is a
dropdown list (just validation) and all the arguments are firgured out by the
other three numbers.

I have been using several IF formulas combined to add the days of the week
up (Extremely condensed example)

=sum(if(or(e4="reg",e4="reg\vac",e4="reg\sck"),f4, 0),if(or(i4="reg",i4="reg\vac",i4="reg\sck"),f4,0) ,....

Basically it's the sum of 7 IF formula's with multiple arguments for each '4
cell' day.

How can I use one IF formula with all my arguments and apply that to each '4
cell' day with out typing the same formula out seven times.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

fryguy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My mistake. As stated your equation worked but my should have read

=sum(if(or(e4="reg",e4="reg\vac",e4="reg\sck"),f4, 0),if(or(i4="reg",i4="reg\vac",i4="reg\sck"),j4,0) ,....

The difference being the second Value(f4) should have been J4, the value of
the #hours worked on that day (friday)

Please Help

fryguy.