-   -   Will the Excel WEEKNUM function become ISO 8601 compliant? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/12111-will-excel-weeknum-function-become-iso-8601-compliant.html)

Gilles Moerdijk

Will the Excel WEEKNUM function become ISO 8601 compliant?

Will the Excel WEEKNUM function become ISO 8601 compliant?

This year we have to make work arounds for a lot of spreadsheets.
In Outlook you can choose the number method of weeks. This Excel function
should have an extra parameter to achieve this or an extension of the scope
of the present parameter.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Gilles

Maybe in the next version of Excel?

You can use the function on this page in your personal.xls or Add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/weeknumber.htm

My EasyFilter Add-in can filter on it to
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Gilles Moerdijk" <Gilles wrote in message
Will the Excel WEEKNUM function become ISO 8601 compliant?

This year we have to make work arounds for a lot of spreadsheets.
In Outlook you can choose the number method of weeks. This Excel function
should have an extra parameter to achieve this or an extension of the scope
of the present parameter.

Harlan Grove

Ron de Bruin wrote...
Maybe in the next version of Excel?

Want to bet on it?

The easiest solution would be just to add a WEEKNUM.ISO worksheet
function, but I don't believe Microsoft has added any worksheet
functions since XL97 (though GETPIVOTDATA has changed since).

Ron de Bruin

Hi Harlan

Want to bet on it?

No <g