Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I put a strikethrough in cell if other cell has same info?

Assuming your 6 cells were A1:A6 and the other range was say E3:H16, selecet
A1:A6, hit Format / Conditional Formatting, change 'cell value is' to
'formula is' and drop in

=COUNTIF($E$3:$H$16,A2)0

hit the format button on the dialog box, choose the foint tab and select
strikethrough. Now just hit OK.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"icntdrve55" wrote:

I would like to find out how to have six cells in excel that have letters
representing names in it, be strikethrough if I put one of those same letters
(initials) in another cell.