Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cleaning data

I'm probably asking an stupid question but here it is.
I'm exporting from another systems a list of Part Numbers that comes with
one digit in the end that it is not necessary. The only problem is that I
have PN with 4 and 5 digits. For Example:

Exported PN Correct PN
25780 2578
254780 25478
547881 54788

Is there a formula that will take this last digit of? I cannot use Left or
Right because the length of the PN.

Thanks for your help.

Marcelo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Marcelo

Try
=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Torero" wrote in message
I'm probably asking an stupid question but here it is.
I'm exporting from another systems a list of Part Numbers that comes
with
one digit in the end that it is not necessary. The only problem is
that I
have PN with 4 and 5 digits. For Example:

Exported PN Correct PN
25780 2578
254780 25478
547881 54788

Is there a formula that will take this last digit of? I cannot use
Left or
Right because the length of the PN.

Thanks for your help.

Marcelo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Um... unless I misunderstand, you should be able to do the following:
(assuming your PN is in A2 for the example)

=LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-1)

Scott