Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Password Access to certain sheets

I have a workbook with several sheets. I use this for several offices and I
want to set it up so that the user can only view the sheet that pertains to
them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sheryl
You need VBA for this. You can setup the file to close on an "Opening
Sheet" and hide all other sheets. When the file is opened, it will open on
the Opening sheet. That sheet will have some instructions for what you want
the user to do. Something like "Enter your password here.". When he does
that, if he does it correctly, his sheet and only his sheet will be
displayed. All the other sheets will remain hidden.
You can then hide the code itself so that the user could not access the
code to see the other passwords. But be aware that Excel is not intended to
be a secure platform. Anyone with knowledge of Excel can break your
passwords.
Post back if this sounds like something you can use and need more. HTH
Otto
"Sheryl" wrote in message
I have a workbook with several sheets. I use this for several offices and I
want to set it up so that the user can only view the sheet that pertains
them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sheryl

Read Dave Peterson's response to a similar question.

http://snipurl.com/13klj

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP