Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Spreadsheets--Adding Quantities

If I have two different worksheets, lets say spare mechanical parts, that
list the part number in 1 column and the quantity in stock in another column.
Is there a way to bring them together so that the quantities of any
duplicate part numbers will add up? For instance if on 1 spreadsheet I have
Part# 1234 with a quantity of 5 and on the other spreadsheet I have the same
Part # 1234 but with a quantity of 10; I want to bring those together on 1
spreadsheet so that Part # 1234 has a quantity of 15.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are the part # and quanties in the same columns in the various sheets?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"WhiteS" wrote in message
If I have two different worksheets, lets say spare mechanical parts, that
list the part number in 1 column and the quantity in stock in another
column.
Is there a way to bring them together so that the quantities of any
duplicate part numbers will add up? For instance if on 1 spreadsheet I
have
Part# 1234 with a quantity of 5 and on the other spreadsheet I have the
same
Part # 1234 but with a quantity of 10; I want to bring those together on 1
spreadsheet so that Part # 1234 has a quantity of 15.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you looked at VLOOKUP and SUMIF?
Tell us how the data is set out on each sheet. Tell us what result you are
looking for.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme