Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting US Date Format

Guys,
I have a column of 'date' data which is kinda mix up of text dates and
serial number dates - they're in American date format (MM/DD/YYYY) which I'm
converting to UK format (DD/MM/YYYY) using text to coulmns and concatenating
the output, and have recorded a macro to repeat this on subsequent
spreadsheets. Something craxy is going on though which is making the US dates
with single digit months, f'rinstance "10/09/2006" come out as "10/09/2006" -
it seems to affect only the 'serial number' dates - the 'text' dates format
ok.

I'm not using any particular Text to columns formatting (using 'General'
instead of DMY/MDY etc as this seems to make no difference). When I first
perform Text to Columns everything looks ok - it's only when I re-open a
workbook and run the Macro that things get boned.

I'm kinda stumped now. Anyone shed any light?

Here's a link to my example - the green column is the output of my formula
to concatenate the Text to Columns Date:
http://i9.tinypic.com/2qi08p1.jpg

As you can see, the error seems to be occuring in the Text to Columns
process, which is switching around the DD/MM for the serial number dates when
the month is less than 10...

Thanks for any help you guys can give,

Kind Regards,

NMG