Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Comparing Data from two 2 worksheets

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this workgroup and fairly new to Excel so please be payient.

I have reports sent to me in excel on a monthly basis which I need to
compare. The reports are basically horizontal data tables of parts that our
company sells. The worksheets contains approximately 7000 rows of data.The
column headings are as follows.

Part Number
Description
Annual Sales Volume
Technical features
Price
Customer

What I would like to do is find an automaitc way of comapring say the
"November" data to the previous "October" one. Changes normally occurr on
the existing data or indeed rows are added (for new parts) or deleted (for
redundent ones).

What (I think) would absolutely ideal would be a function or something that
compares the same parts on the 2 reports by Part Number and reports the
following:

Changes in any of the other columns corresponding to the part number
compared
New part part number not present on the previous month's report
Part numbers presented on the previous report but deleted on the new one.

I hope this all makes sense to someone and I've been told Excel "can do
anything" so I'm hopefull!!!

I would also really appreciate it if any replies could be copied to my email
address as I do not have access to this newsgroup at work.

Thanks very much in advance to all who want to help!!

Roberto R