Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting cells with blank adjacent cell

Looking for a function to count the number of similar cells(Col A), but not
count them if the adjacent cell(Col B) has any text/numbers in it.

Col A Col B Col C
text1 2
text2 11/2 1
text1 2
text2 1

I log in tickets and need to know how many have not been paid.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try...

C1, copied down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$4=A1),--($B$1:$B$4=""))

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Wingman wrote:

Looking for a function to count the number of similar cells(Col A), but not
count them if the adjacent cell(Col B) has any text/numbers in it.

Col A Col B Col C
text1 2
text2 11/2 1
text1 2
text2 1

I log in tickets and need to know how many have not been paid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Domenic, worked great!!! I appreciate your help. I have a cosmetic question
though, I just filled it down like 1000 cells. Is there any way for it not to
count blank cells in column A so it would show 0 instead of all the cells I
haven't entered anything into yet? If not, no big deal.

"Domenic" wrote:

Try...

C1, copied down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$4=A1),--($B$1:$B$4=""))

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Wingman wrote:

Looking for a function to count the number of similar cells(Col A), but not
count them if the adjacent cell(Col B) has any text/numbers in it.

Col A Col B Col C
text1 2
text2 11/2 1
text1 2
text2 1

I log in tickets and need to know how many have not been paid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try...

=IF(A1<"",SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$4=A1),--($B$1:$B$4="")),0)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Wingman wrote:

Domenic, worked great!!! I appreciate your help. I have a cosmetic question
though, I just filled it down like 1000 cells. Is there any way for it not to
count blank cells in column A so it would show 0 instead of all the cells I
haven't entered anything into yet? If not, no big deal.

"Domenic" wrote:

Try...

C1, copied down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$4=A1),--($B$1:$B$4=""))

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Wingman wrote:

Looking for a function to count the number of similar cells(Col A), but
not
count them if the adjacent cell(Col B) has any text/numbers in it.

Col A Col B Col C
text1 2
text2 11/2 1
text1 2
text2 1

I log in tickets and need to know how many have not been paid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Domenic, Both worked AWSOME!!!, thanks for your help!!!

Wingman wrote:

Domenic, worked great!!! I appreciate your help. I have a cosmetic question
though, I just filled it down like 1000 cells. Is there any way for it not to
count blank cells in column A so it would show 0 instead of all the cells I
haven't entered anything into yet? If not, no big deal.

"Domenic" wrote:

Try...

C1, copied down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$4=A1),--($B$1:$B$4=""))

Hope this helps!