Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Fill Color on error

I have this worksheet I use that someone prior to me created. It is set up
to highlight a cell in red when I put in a negative in that cell - telling me
I can't do that.

Does anyone know how this is done? I looked at Data/Validation, but that is
blank There are no Macros and there are no formulas that I can see.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's probably done with conditional formatting.

Select a cell that produces this behavior.
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting

Do you see any settings?

Biff

"steph44haf" wrote in message
I have this worksheet I use that someone prior to me created. It is set up
to highlight a cell in red when I put in a negative in that cell - telling
me
I can't do that.

Does anyone know how this is done? I looked at Data/Validation, but that
is
blank There are no Macros and there are no formulas that I can see.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like conditional formatting.

Format--Conditional formatting.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

basics? n21 New Users to Excel 7 September 21st 06 12:37 PM
How to fill colour in Excel, it appers No fill in my computer? bede Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 11th 05 03:27 AM
Identifying the Active Fill Color Steve Conary Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 9th 04 04:45 AM
#REF error Christen Excel Worksheet Functions 5 November 3rd 04 07:29 PM