Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Months

How do I make it so that if someone inputs a month for an action that it
automatically makes the next column (month of review) have the value of the
month after e.g. for an action in March it will need to be review in April
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:06:01 -0800, Pasty
wrote:

How do I make it so that if someone inputs a month for an action that it
automatically makes the next column (month of review) have the value of the
month after e.g. for an action in March it will need to be review in April

How is the month inputted? Name? Number? Date?
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Pasty" wrote in message
How do I make it so that if someone inputs a month for an action that it
automatically makes the next column (month of review) have the value of
the
month after e.g. for an action in March it will need to be review in April

Enter a list of months (January - December) somewhere (e.g. A1:A12). If
month for action column is C, then with "May" in C1, the following formula
will return "June".

=IF(C1="December","January",INDEX($A$1:$A$12,MATCH (C1,$A$1:$A$12,0)+1))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does your review sheet good for one year spreadsheet only, meaning 12 months
only...or 24 months Jan-06 to Dec-07..??

"Pasty" wrote:

How do I make it so that if someone inputs a month for an action that it
automatically makes the next column (month of review) have the value of the
month after e.g. for an action in March it will need to be review in April

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you enter the month as text, e.g. December in cell A1 then this formula
will return next month

=TEXT(("1 "&A1)+31,"mmmm")

"Pasty" wrote:

How do I make it so that if someone inputs a month for an action that it
automatically makes the next column (month of review) have the value of the
month after e.g. for an action in March it will need to be review in April

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

?