Robert

Default How do I combine the 4 IF formulas into 1 formula

K1=IF(D1<0,1,0)
L1=IF(F1<0,1,0)
M1=IF(H1<0,1,0)
N1=IF(SUM(K1:M1)=0,0,1)
O1=IF(A1=MTH,N1,0)

Assistance required. How can the formula in O1 combine
K1,L1,M1,N1. It is a simple formula, but I admit I am not
able to get it right at all even after looking through several
examples posted in this forum. Thank you.
RobertR
Steve

You can use boolean results (False is '0', True is '1') to simplify your
equation:
For example, if you use =D1<0 as a formula Excel will evaluate the result
1 if D1 does not contain 0 (ie TRUE) or 1 if D1 contains anything else (ie
FALSE).

Use parenthesis and you can do fast, simple (when you get used to the logic)
evaluations.

In place of the equation you have at N1
=(D1<0)+(F1<0)+(H1<0)0

"Robert" wrote in message
K1=IF(D1<0,1,0)
L1=IF(F1<0,1,0)
M1=IF(H1<0,1,0)
N1=IF(SUM(K1:M1)=0,0,1)
O1=IF(A1=MTH,N1,0)

Assistance required. How can the formula in O1 combine
K1,L1,M1,N1. It is a simple formula, but I admit I am not
able to get it right at all even after looking through several
examples posted in this forum. Thank you.
RobertR

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

When you want N1 returned, when ALL conditions are filled at once, then:
=(D1<0)*(F1<0)*(H1<0)*(SUM(K1:M1))*(A1="MTH")*N 1

When you want 1 returned, when 1st, 2nd or 3rd condition are filled, 0 when
no of first 3 are filled but 4th is, and N1 when only 5th condition is
filled, then:
=IF(SUM(ABS(D1),ABS(F1),ABS(H1))0,1,IF(SUM(K1:M1) =0,0,(A1="MTH")*N1))

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"Robert" wrote in message
K1=IF(D1<0,1,0)
L1=IF(F1<0,1,0)
M1=IF(H1<0,1,0)
N1=IF(SUM(K1:M1)=0,0,1)
O1=IF(A1=MTH,N1,0)

Assistance required. How can the formula in O1 combine
K1,L1,M1,N1. It is a simple formula, but I admit I am not
able to get it right at all even after looking through several
examples posted in this forum. Thank you.
RobertR

Robert

Steve, taking your cue, have fully achieved my objective i.e. a single formula.
Thank you.
Arvi, 1st part, I follow your explanation. 2nd part - seems to be similar to
what I already had. It is not a single formula. Will be trying out. Thanks to
you too for your effort.

RobertR
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

"Robert" wrote in message
Steve, taking your cue, have fully achieved my objective i.e. a single

formula.
Thank you.
Arvi, 1st part, I follow your explanation. 2nd part - seems to be similar

what I already had. It is not a single formula.

It is a single formula! Composed of several nested functions (i.e. a
function inside function, up to 3 nesting levels).

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

Robert

Arvi, I misunderstood your formula. I retyped the formula and with help from
"MS suggested formula". Yes it works ( a good single formula). Sorry my
mistake. Once again thank you.

RobertR