Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Way to Concatonate cells in a row based on the order they were entered?

I created a keypad (similar to a phone or ATM numbers 0-9). When you
click on a number key, that key populates a matrix (via macro) similar
to:

All Numbers Numbers Clicked
0
1
2 1
3 1
4 1
5 1
6
7
8
9

In the example above, the keys 4,3,2,5 were entered and a 1 was entered
in the row next to the key number.

I then was able to get the data into a table similar to:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2 3 5 8

The top row is all of the numbers and the bottom row is the numbers
that were clicked. I was going to just concatonate the bottom row
2,3,5,8 but the numbers were not entered in that order; instead, the
pin they entered was 4,3,2,5

I am stumped! Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been
working on this for days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Way to Concatonate cells in a row based on the order they were ent

when you populate the matrix via the macro, at the moment you are populating
a value of 1 for each of the numbers selected.

You need to populate a value of (1+ lastvalue) where lastvalue is a variable
(integer) with initial value 1, and which increases each time a value is
entered into the matrix (lastvalue = lastvalue +1)
--
Allllen

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rml rml is offline

dsiedt.....
--------SIMILAR.......
I then was able to get the data into a table similar to:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2 3 5 8

The top row is all of the numbers and the bottom row is the numbers
that were clicked. I was going to just concatonate the bottom row
2,3,5,8 but the numbers were not entered in that order; instead, the
pin they entered was 4,3,2,5

does the concatenation based in your formulated cell or inside the Macro..
Just wondering again....