Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help with formatting a sheet with text and numbers

I'm trying to write a new purchase agreements templete in excel. The top 15
rows of the templete is basically text with a bunch of merged cells and then
some single cells that I use to fill in the blanks; ie, date, name, address.

The remainder of the rows I use to list all the options on the left side of
the sheet and the value (price) on the right side of the sheet. In order to
do this so it looks professional I need to make column "A" considerable
wider, however if i highlight all of column "A" and try to make it wider it
alters all the text in the top 15 rows.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sorry in advance for not using the correct terminology, what happens is
when i try to widen column "A" it effects all the text in column "A" and
causes all the text on top of the sheet to get pushed beyond the print area.

Scudder65 wrote:
I'm trying to write a new purchase agreements templete in excel. The top 15
rows of the templete is basically text with a bunch of merged cells and then
some single cells that I use to fill in the blanks; ie, date, name, address.

The remainder of the rows I use to list all the options on the left side of
the sheet and the value (price) on the right side of the sheet. In order to
do this so it looks professional I need to make column "A" considerable
wider, however if i highlight all of column "A" and try to make it wider it
alters all the text in the top 15 rows.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, to tell you the truth I am no expert in printing issues. One thing
I noticed is you use merged cells. These can certainly cause problems.
My advice, instead of merging cells leave them as they are and just use
formatting to create uniform areas. You might discover that several of
your plights go away.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides