-   -   ARE THERE CONDITIONAL FORMULAS TO CHANGE TEXT COLOR? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/118191-there-conditional-formulas-change-text-color.html)

CGaufin

ARE THERE CONDITIONAL FORMULAS TO CHANGE TEXT COLOR?

Hello Excel users!

My wife is a teacher and she uses Excel to store her grades. I set up a
LOOKUP function for her to transform the students percentages into letter
grades. Is there a way to now use a conditional formula to changed the text
color of the various letter grades? (ie: if grade is "F" then font color
equals red, if grade is "C" or "D" highlight in blue.) Any help would be
fantastic!

CGaufin

Bob Phillips

ARE THERE CONDITIONAL FORMULAS TO CHANGE TEXT COLOR?

Use Conditional formatting.

See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CGaufin" wrote in message
Hello Excel users!

My wife is a teacher and she uses Excel to store her grades. I set up a
LOOKUP function for her to transform the students percentages into letter
grades. Is there a way to now use a conditional formula to changed the

text
color of the various letter grades? (ie: if grade is "F" then font color
equals red, if grade is "C" or "D" highlight in blue.) Any help would be
fantastic!

CGaufin

Gord Dibben

ARE THERE CONDITIONAL FORMULAS TO CHANGE TEXT COLOR?

FormatConditional Formatting

Condtion1 Cell Value is: equal to F

Format to Red pattern.

Condition2Formula is: =OR(cellref="C",(cellref"D"))

Format to Blue pattern

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP