Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need an If statement for Excel that excludes empty cells

I have a column of data (B11:B36) with a Min (B9) and Max (B10). I need an IF
statement that says pass if all data is within the Min/Max and fail if
outside the Min/Max but excludes blank cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may need a helper column. For example, use this formula in D11 and copy
down.

=IF(B11="","",IF(AND(B11=$B$9,B11<=$B$10),"Pass", "Fail"))

Then you can use a formula to see if there are any "Fail"s in column D.

=IF(COUNTIF(D11:D36,"Fail")0,"Fail","Pass")

Regards,
Paul

"nascar2000a" wrote in message
I have a column of data (B11:B36) with a Min (B9) and Max (B10). I need an
IF
statement that says pass if all data is within the Min/Max and fail if
outside the Min/Max but excludes blank cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nascar --

Hows about:

=AND(MIN(B11:B36)B9,MAX(B11:B36)<B10)