Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yy yy is offline

Default how to use tier system

hi i have a question, i am not sure what formula i can use to calculate this
question, cause i am require to use the tier system for it:

Commissions for airline tickets are based on a tier system. Comfort gets 5%
commissions from the first $500,000 of ticket revenue, 5.5% from revenue
between $500,001 to $1,000,000 and 6% for revenue above $1,000,000, for
Corporate tickets revenue. As for Individuals tickets revenue, the
commissions structure is 4.5% for the first $500,000, 6% from revenue
between $500,001 to $1,000,000 and 7% for revenue above $1,000,000.
Commissions for packaged tours are projected at 12% of packaged revenue.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yy yy is offline

would u tell me for logical_test is put what value, value_if_true is put
what, then if false is put what. or do u mind if i same my thing to u?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

IF ? you can fully explain, perhaps I can be of further help. However, I
don't read minds.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"yy" wrote in message
ya, but the amount get is different.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Did you try it?
=if(comfort, thisformula,thatformula)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"yy" wrote in message
ya can, but i need to add in another IF how. then can explain to me
this
part
0.005,0. i don't quite get it. thanks

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try this idea within another if for comfort or corporate
=C12*(0.05+IF(C121000000,0.01,IF(C12500000,0.005 ,0)))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"yy" wrote in message
hi i have a question, i am not sure what formula i can use to
calculate
this
question, cause i am require to use the tier system for it:

Commissions for airline tickets are based on a tier system. Comfort
gets
5%
commissions from the first $500,000 of ticket revenue, 5.5% from
revenue
between $500,001 to $1,000,000 and 6% for revenue above $1,000,000,
for
Corporate tickets revenue. As for Individuals tickets revenue, the
commissions' structure is 4.5% for the first $500,000, 6% from
revenue
between $500,001 to $1,000,000 and 7% for revenue above $1,000,000.
Commissions for packaged tours are projected at 12% of packaged
revenue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

send it
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"yy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is obviously HOMEWORK for a course you are taking.
We do NOT do homework here. I suggest you use a lookup table( see help for
vlookup) or the formula I provided.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Don Guillett" wrote in message

send it
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"yy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yy yy is offline

ya, i never say it's not a homework. and because i not sure how to apply the
formula that's why i come here to ask for help. and i never ask you to help
me do my work, i am just asking for any formula that can be used cause i am
not sure, but thanks anyway for your help.