Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calulating hours, minutes and seconds

I have an excel spreadsheet which could contain hundreds of rows with hours,
minutes and seconds. I need to calculate into hours, minutes seconds the
total duration. I have completed a SUM and changed the calculation total to
HH:MM:SS to stop the 24 hour roll up, however, my total only shows 00:00:00.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

Below is a shortened example ex
01:04:07
00:00:27
00:10:39
00:00:28
00:07:59
00:00:01
00:01:18
00:28:33

--
Linda Le geyt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let Excel make an Autosum and it will sum up your data and format the result
Sum cell like [h]:mm:ss and show the result of 1:53:32

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Linda Le Geyt€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have an excel spreadsheet which could contain hundreds of rows with hours,
minutes and seconds. I need to calculate into hours, minutes seconds the
total duration. I have completed a SUM and changed the calculation total to
HH:MM:SS to stop the 24 hour roll up, however, my total only shows 00:00:00.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

Below is a shortened example ex
01:04:07
00:00:27
00:10:39
00:00:28
00:07:59
00:00:01
00:01:18
00:28:33

--
Linda Le geyt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please post the cell format codes and the SUM function!
Stefi

€˛Linda Le Geyt€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you sure your input cells aren't text strings, rather than times?
--
David Biddulph

"Stefi" wrote:

Let Excel make an Autosum and it will sum up your data and format the
result
Sum cell like [h]:mm:ss and show the result of 1:53:32

Regards,
Stefi

"Linda Le Geyt" ezt ķrta: