Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Google search box on excel

Hi,

Anybody know, is it possible to insert a Google search box into an
excel file?

-Dileep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://www.rondebruin.nl/google.htm

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dileep Chandran" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Anybody know, is it possible to insert a Google search box into an
excel file?

-Dileep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

View Toolbars Web will get you a web search button display within the
Excel menu system. Just assign the web search to google.

If being on the side is important, then open a IE window and position it to
the side.

You can also insert a formula to take a phrase in a cell and "google" it.
For example:

=HYPERLINK("http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=" & A1 &
"&btnG=Google+Search","google search")

will google search whatever you have entered in A1.

--
Gary''s Student

"Dileep Chandran" wrote:

Hi,

Anybody know, is it possible to insert a Google search box into an
excel file?

-Dileep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob

This link won't work unless I change google to Google

Like so http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:05:20 -0000, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/google.htm

Gord

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gord,

It is the same for me. I have it an archive list, and didn't realise <G.
Thanks for the heads-up.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/google.htm

Gord

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Stupid that I make that mistake a few years back
Maybe I add a google.htm page also with a link to the correct one

Sorry

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote in message ...
Bob

This link won't work unless I change google to Google

Like so http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:05:20 -0000, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/google.htm

Gord

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HI Gary,

Thank you very much. It works fine.

Just like that is it possible to give a formula to do the function of
the webpage http://quickfacts.census.gov

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

-Dileep