Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I hide a tab automatically?

Hi,

I'm trying to hide/show tabs based upon a and end user's inputs. For
example, let's say my worksheet is all about fruits and I have four tabs.

An Inputs sheet, which asks for general information on apples, oranges,
tomatoes (yes, they're a fruit) and then I have a tab for each one of these
fruits.

Now, let's say a farmer doesn't have Oranges. Hiding it from the Inputs
sheet is easy, I simply have grouped that section and the farmer needs to
click on the "minus" sign at the left of the sheet.

But what about the actual Oranges tab? As you can guess, farmers don't
exactly get excel and I'm afraid they'll get confused that the Oranges tab
still exists even though they hid them on the Inputs tab.

Can someone help me hide apples from oranges?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can select that worksheet
format|sheet|Hide

But if the user isn't comfortable with excel, why not just leave it visible.
Just tell them to ignore it if it's not used.

Someday, you'll have to explain how to unhide it!

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

FYI, I have a file with 38 sheets, and only 4 visible at one time. The
MasterMenu has macro buttons that make the desired sheet visible and active,
and the "Return to MainMenu" button on each hidden sheet hides that sheet and
returns the user to the MainMenu.......the Macro buttons can even be keyed to
be enabled according to password, but this all is no 5 minute job.......

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3