Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with spreadsheet

Hello All

I have a spreadsheet which lists a set of projects in column A with
months across the top in Row 1. Each project has a total cost and
duration. My challenge is to distribute the cost across the duration
of the project according to a pre determined pattern. Different types
of projects will have different types of cost distribution, one type
front loaded and another back loaded, etc. I have also created a table
which lists different distribution patterns based on standard project
duration of 12 months. A drop down list is provided in Col B to select
the appropriate distribution pattern. The problem is that two
projects may have the same distribution of costs but different
durations. Is there a way for me to compress / or expand the
distribution pattern and then apply the resulting values to the project
cost and distribute the costs over the appropriate time period.

Thanks in advance for your help

Vitor Jose

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Our address is in message header.
We note you have two addresses, one with AOL and one with COX.
Abstract of one of our earlier response to you is appended below please

No need to see your spreadsheet now.

We believe this is what you need to do:

Col A is list of projects,

Col B is type of distribution (front loaded, end loaded, pro_rate)

Activate a macro

if Bi is front loaded, do procedure "front loaded"

if Bi is end loaded, do procedure "end loaded"

if Bi is pro_rate, do procedure "pro_rate"

Obviously, you need to create the procedures accordingly.

Cheers!

oups.com...

"vitorjose" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your help, i probably did not do a good job explaining what
i need. I am looking for a function of VBA code that will do the
following

I have standard patterns of cost over a period of time. This is a
simple example
Mon 1 - 10%
Mon 2 - 20%
Mon 3 - 20%
Mon 4 - 30%
Mon 5 - 10%
Mon 6 - 10%
I may end up with 20 different patterns as i complete more projects.
Each pattern will be based upon a standard length of time.

My spreadsheet will list the projects along with the cost and time
available to complete the project. Based upon the type of project, i
will assign a cost pattern. I am looking for a way to look at the cost
pattern and recalculate the values based on the time available for the
project, for example if i used the values above but condensed over 3
the spending curve should look the same just a shorter duration

I hope that i was able to make this clearer for you
Thanks again for your help

My address is the one with cox.net

PY & Associates wrote:
Our address is in message header.
We note you have two addresses, one with AOL and one with COX.
Abstract of one of our earlier response to you is appended below please

No need to see your spreadsheet now.

We believe this is what you need to do:

Col A is list of projects,

Col B is type of distribution (front loaded, end loaded, pro_rate)

Activate a macro

if Bi is front loaded, do procedure "front loaded"

if Bi is end loaded, do procedure "end loaded"

if Bi is pro_rate, do procedure "pro_rate"

Obviously, you need to create the procedures accordingly.

Cheers!

oups.com...

"vitorjose" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please send your file over.
As you message in this news group is falling off our screen, we may not be
able to keep an eye on it further.

ups.com...

PY & Associates wrote:
Our address is in message header.
We note you have two addresses, one with AOL and one with COX.
Abstract of one of our earlier response to you is appended below please

No need to see your spreadsheet now.

We believe this is what you need to do:

Col A is list of projects,

Col B is type of distribution (front loaded, end loaded, pro_rate)

Activate a macro

if Bi is front loaded, do procedure "front loaded"

if Bi is end loaded, do procedure "end loaded"

if Bi is pro_rate, do procedure "pro_rate"

Obviously, you need to create the procedures accordingly.

Cheers!

oups.com...

"vitorjose" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just curious.

What do you mean by "falling off our screen"?

I see you use OE 6.0

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 02:29:36 +0800, "PY & Associates"
wrote:

Please send your file over.
As you message in this news group is falling off our screen, we may not be
able to keep an eye on it further.

oups.com...

PY & Associates wrote:
Our address is in message header.
We note you have two addresses, one with AOL and one with COX.
Abstract of one of our earlier response to you is appended below please

No need to see your spreadsheet now.

We believe this is what you need to do:

Col A is list of projects,

Col B is type of distribution (front loaded, end loaded, pro_rate)

Activate a macro

if Bi is front loaded, do procedure "front loaded"

if Bi is end loaded, do procedure "end loaded"

if Bi is pro_rate, do procedure "pro_rate"

Obviously, you need to create the procedures accordingly.

Cheers!

oups.com...

"vitorjose" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With OE6, group by conversation, without watch.

Each conversation is listed by date it first appeared and it gets displaced
lower in the list, ultimately "fall off" if older than a set number of days.

We sent messages also to OP direct but did not get response at all. Trust he
solved his problem and did not want to border us anymore.

Cheers.

wrote:

Please send your file over.
As you message in this news group is falling off our screen, we may not

be
able to keep an eye on it further.

oups.com...

PY & Associates wrote:
Our address is in message header.
We note you have two addresses, one with AOL and one with COX.
Abstract of one of our earlier response to you is appended below

please

No need to see your spreadsheet now.

We believe this is what you need to do:

Col A is list of projects,

Col B is type of distribution (front loaded, end loaded, pro_rate)

Activate a macro

if Bi is front loaded, do procedure "front loaded"

if Bi is end loaded, do procedure "end loaded"

if Bi is pro_rate, do procedure "pro_rate"

Obviously, you need to create the procedures accordingly.

Cheers!

oups.com...