Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Functions

I have used a function which works when i check it but dosent display the
total at the end of the row. I have the worksheet handy and can send if
someone can help.

Regards Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe it is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter,
not just Enter?

Why don't you post it?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mark Ch" <Mark wrote in message
I have used a function which works when i check it but dosent display the
total at the end of the row. I have the worksheet handy and can send if
someone can help.

Regards Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, you could start by explaining a wee more about your formula. For
instance which function? And maybe a just a hint of why you think you
get the wrong result?

/Sune

Mark Ch wrote:
I have used a function which works when i check it but dosent display the
total at the end of the row. I have the worksheet handy and can send if
someone can help.

Regards Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for reply Sune.

I am out of the office today but i will send you the details to morrow, i
can email you the worksheet then if you like?

Regards Mark

Mark Ch wrote:
I have used a function which works when i check it but dosent display the
total at the end of the row. I have the worksheet handy and can send if
someone can help.

Regards Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mark Ch wrote:
I am out of the office today but i will send you the details to morrow, i
can email you the worksheet then if you like?

You would be better off by describing you problem here in the group. In
the event I cannot help you, then maybe someone else can. Plus others
may benefit from the help you get from the group.

If you do decide to mail the sheet to me directly please use
sune.fibaek-the familiar at sign-csplc.com

/Sune

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The formula im using is =SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:Q6),1,0))

What i am trying to do is enter workplace locations into the cells C6 to Q6
in the form of text. The function relates to R were this cell is the total
number of cells with text entered added together and presented as a numeric
value.

sune.fibaek-the familiar at sign-csplc.com

/Sune

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mark,

Have you tried commiting it as an array-formula using ctrl+shift+enter?
Works for me!

/Sune

sune.fibaek-the familiar at sign-csplc.com

/Sune

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sune,

Just tried that and its working fine now. Thank you very much for your help,
i did try emailing you this morning but i got the email returned.

Regards

Mark

sune.fibaek-the familiar at sign-csplc.com

/Sune

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Glad to help, and thank you for the feedback. Please note, that the
first reply from Bob Philips actually had the answer though.

/Sune

sune.fibaek-the familiar at sign-csplc.com

/Sune