Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula for +- comparison check Excel 2003

Hello...

I have a worksheet that calculates a fortnightly payment which
includes an amount subject to foreign exchange, which I get from
xe.com.

I receive this payment via EFT from an agency that bases it on it's
own forex value.

The resulting total payment could be over + or under - my calculated
payment.

What I need is a formula to compare the 2 payments and report if the
deviation is +- $0.50c, using an IF function.

It's possibly so simple, I can't see it.
Anyone help? TIA

-Please reply to group as my email addr is fake!

-Regards CC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See if these give you any ideas:

For
A1: (a numeric value)
B1: (a numeric value)

These determine if the absolute value of the differences is 0.50
C1: =(MAX(A1:B1)-MIN(A1:B1))0.50
or
C1: =ABS(A1-B1)0.50

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Clarence Crow" wrote:

Hello...

I have a worksheet that calculates a fortnightly payment which
includes an amount subject to foreign exchange, which I get from
xe.com.

I receive this payment via EFT from an agency that bases it on it's
own forex value.

The resulting total payment could be over + or under - my calculated
payment.

What I need is a formula to compare the 2 payments and report if the
deviation is +- $0.50c, using an IF function.

It's possibly so simple, I can't see it.
Anyone help? TIA

-Please reply to group as my email addr is fake!

-Regards CC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks!
It was the ABS function that was missing from my head!