Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding an AP to a worksheet automatically

Hi all,
I've been trying to achieve the above now for a couple of weeks and I've got
nowhere. Please could someone help me?

I have a list of transactions in a worksheet which I need to automatically
count, both by AP and where they were made. I have a start date in cell O4
and a finish date in P4, which contains the dates for AP1, dates for AP2 are
in O5 & P5 respectively. The dates of the transactions is in column C,
starting at cell C3.
I need to put a '1' into cell A3 if the date in C3 is between the dates in
O4 and P4 inclusive, or a '2' if the transaction dates are in O5 and P5.
Does this make sense? If so, I would be extremely grateful for any pointers

TIA

--

Regards

Dave