Marlon Brown

Default Solver "returns no value". Please help

I put a model together. I added all the constraints accordingly. I run
solver and I expect to maximize the "net profit", but for whatever reason no
result is returned.
I attempt to input manually 'reasonable' numbers to change cells (the yellow
ones) and the logic seems to work OK.

Can someone please tell me why Solver doesn't return values as it should ?
Please find attached spreadsheet.

John Mansfield

Marlon,

The starting values in the variable cells can affect the solution. Solver
might fail to find a solution or it might time out before reaching a
solution. Enter values in variable cells that fall close to what you believe
the final values will be. If Solver still reaches its iteration limit
without arriving at a solution, you can adjust the starting values and
restart or click Continue to use the maximum solution time.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com