Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Debra Dalgleish Question

Hi Debra,

Can you confirm for me that you can't use Dynamic Data Source tip in a
named range with the Multiple Consolidation Ranges Pivots.

E.g =OFFSET(Data!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Data!$A:$A),7)

Also is the only way to join the tables to type in the sql field in MS
Query (From Memory so my be wrong)

SELECT *
FROM Range Name 1 Range Name 1
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Range Name 2 Range Name 2

Thanks

VBA Noob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can create dynamic named ranges using that type of formula, then use
those names as the multiple consolidation ranges.

There may be other techniques to join the tables, but that's one that
I've used.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Debra,

For some reason it doesn't see the dynamic ranges. Any thoughts what
could be wrong ??

Thanks

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:
Thanks Debra

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:
Hi Debra,

Can you confirm for me that you can't use Dynamic Data Source tip in a
named range with the Multiple Consolidation Ranges Pivots.

E.g =OFFSET(Data!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Data!$A:$A),7)

Also is the only way to join the tables to type in the sql field in MS
Query (From Memory so my be wrong)

SELECT *
FROM Range Name 1 Range Name 1
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Range Name 2 Range Name 2

Thanks

VBA Noob

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What I described would work for dynamic ranges in the same workbook.
Perhaps yours are in different workbooks, so the technique doesn't work.

VBA Noob wrote:
Hi Debra,

For some reason it doesn't see the dynamic ranges. Any thoughts what
could be wrong ??

Thanks

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:

Thanks Debra

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:

Hi Debra,

Can you confirm for me that you can't use Dynamic Data Source tip in a
named range with the Multiple Consolidation Ranges Pivots.

E.g =OFFSET(Data!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Data!$A:$A),7)

Also is the only way to join the tables to type in the sql field in MS
Query (From Memory so my be wrong)

SELECT *
FROM Range Name 1 Range Name 1
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Range Name 2 Range Name 2

Thanks

VBA Noob

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Debra,

That's exactly what the problem is

PS. Just got a copy of your book this morning and will look forward to
picking up some more pivot tips

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:
Hi Debra,

For some reason it doesn't see the dynamic ranges. Any thoughts what
could be wrong ??

Thanks

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:

Thanks Debra

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:

Hi Debra,

Can you confirm for me that you can't use Dynamic Data Source tip in a
named range with the Multiple Consolidation Ranges Pivots.

E.g =OFFSET(Data!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Data!$A:$A),7)

Also is the only way to join the tables to type in the sql field in MS
Query (From Memory so my be wrong)

SELECT *
FROM Range Name 1 Range Name 1
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Range Name 2 Range Name 2

Thanks

VBA Noob

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for buying a copy! I hope you find some new tips in it.

VBA Noob wrote:

Hi Debra,

For some reason it doesn't see the dynamic ranges. Any thoughts what
could be wrong ??

Thanks

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:

Thanks Debra

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not had a chance to read it yet but I'm sure I will

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote:

Hi Debra,

For some reason it doesn't see the dynamic ranges. Any thoughts what
could be wrong ??

Thanks

VBA Noob

VBA Noob wrote: