Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditinal If statement with 3 outputs

Hi

Or
=IF(P11=10,"N/A",P11=100)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=IF(P11=100,"Yes",IF(P11=10,"N/A","No"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a conditional if statement with 2 conditions.
If condtion 1 is satisfied I would like to display "Yes"
If Conditions 2 is satisfied I would like to display "N/A"
else display "No"

is this possible? as there only seems to be room for a value if true
and a value if false.

I tried doing it this way

=IF(P11=100,"Yes","No")or(P11=0,"N/A","No")

but excel kept telling me to get lost.

Clive

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Huh? Can you explain that to me as it doesn't do what I interpret the OP is
asking.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote in message
Hi

Or
=IF(P11=10,"N/A",P11=100)

--

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a conditional if statement with 2 conditions.
If condtion 1 is satisfied I would like to display "Yes"
If Conditions 2 is satisfied I would like to display "N/A"
else display "No"

is this possible? as there only seems to be room for a value if true
and a value if false.

I tried doing it this way

=IF(P11=100,"Yes","No")or(P11=0,"N/A","No")

but excel kept telling me to get lost.

Clive

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry! In some systems Yes/No are boolean values like True/False - so
without any thougth I assumed OP needs answers to be boolean too.

In Excel my formula returns True or False or N/A of-course. Not exactly what
OP asked for.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Arvi was presumably offering TRUE and FALSE as an alternative to the Yes and
No that the OP requested?
[And his P1=10 is presumably a misprint for the OP's P1=0, as I guess yours
was?]
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a conditional if statement with 2 conditions.
If condtion 1 is satisfied I would like to display "Yes"
If Conditions 2 is satisfied I would like to display "N/A"
else display "No"

is this possible? as there only seems to be room for a value if true
and a value if false.

I tried doing it this way

=IF(P11=100,"Yes","No")or(P11=0,"N/A","No")

but excel kept telling me to get lost.

Clive

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

"David Biddulph" wrote in message
Arvi was presumably offering TRUE and FALSE as an alternative to the Yes

and
No that the OP requested?
[And his P1=10 is presumably a misprint for the OP's P1=0, as I guess

yours
was?]

As my answer was based on Bob's response, 10 originates from there :-)))
(Sometimes it's confusing not to read previous postings carefully enough -
but I was too short of time at this moment)

Arvi Laanemets

--
David Biddulph