Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I make a spreadsheet w/ original price and then %?

I would like to make a spreadsheet with the first column listing the original
price and then 3 columns with the discount price: 50% of original price, 30%
of original price and 10% of original price. New to excel so not quite sure
how to make it automatically figure it. Would like to just put in the
original price and have it automatically figure the other 3 columns.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

With
Col_A containing Original Prices beginning in Cell A2
And
B1: 50%
C1: 30%
D1: 10%

Then....
B2: =$A2*B$1

Copy B2 across to D2 and down as far as you need.

Note: the dollar signs ($) lock the part of the reference that they precede
when the cells are copied/pasted.

Post back with any questions.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"christyann" wrote:

I would like to make a spreadsheet with the first column listing the original
price and then 3 columns with the discount price: 50% of original price, 30%
of original price and 10% of original price. New to excel so not quite sure
how to make it automatically figure it. Would like to just put in the
original price and have it automatically figure the other 3 columns.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're very welcome, Christy.....I'm glad I could help.

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP